Become a beta tester for our new app! Order a digital membership
to your favorite magazine today!
WRP Digital Open Beta Testing
Diesel Era is North America’s premier publication about diesel locomotives. Launched in 1990, Diesel Era was produced by Withers Publishing and edited by Paul Withers for more than three decades. In April 2021, White River Productions acquired the magazine, positioned it as a quarterly 64-page publication, and named Tony Cook the new managing editor.
HO Collector is the only quarterly publication dedicated to collecting and operating vintage HO scale model trains! Dig deep into the archives as we tell the stories of the trains you grew up with. You'll find classics like AHM, Athearn, Bachmann, Life-Like, Mantua, and Tyco; and also the obscure limited runs of Lionel, Pemco, Revell, Train-Miniature, and more!
Model Railroad News is the only monthly publication dedicated exclusively to the latest new product announcements for all popular model railroading scales. Each month we present the hobby industry’s most in-depth and detailed product reviews. We also regularly explore the hobby industry’s colorful past in our regular “From the Archive” feature.
Published six times a year, the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette is the hobby's leading publication dedicated to providing accurate information for fine model building in all scales. In each issue, you'll enjoy visits to beautiful layouts, in-depth kitbashing and scratchbuilding features, new product announcements and reviews, detailed scale drawings, columnists, and more.
Published six times a year, O Scale Trains is dedicated exclusively to the world of two-rail 1:48 scale model railroading. Each issue features beautiful layout tours, new product reviews and announcements, kitbashing and construction features, columnists, and more.
Passenger Train Journal is the only quarterly publication dedicated to passenger trains of yesterday and today! From today's Amtrak trains to the streamliners of yesterday, each issue explores the world of long-distance, commuter, rapid transit, and light rail trains from coast to coast. Don't get left at the station!
Since 1974, Railfan & Railroad takes you trackside! From main lines to short lines, passenger and freight, steam to diesel (and electric, too!), each issue puts you right in the middle of the action. In each issue you'll enjoy the latest industry news paired with our expert columnists exploring the exciting world of railroading. In-depth features with stunning color photography and detailed maps make you feel like you're there.
Since 1933, Railroad Model Craftsman brings you the best in scale model railroading every month! In each issue you'll enjoy beautiful layout tours, detailed scratchbuilding and detailing features, the latest news and in-depth product reviews, exact scale drawings, construction tips and techniques, and more. Stop dreaming and start building!
Explore the classic era of railroading from the 1960s through the 1990s in each quarterly issue of Trains & Railroads of the Past. Feel the difference of our glossy, opaque paper as beautiful color photos seem to jump right off the page. Enter a world of first generation diesels, main line steam excursions, and the rise of colorful short lines. Each issue is like enjoying a slide show with your friends.
WRP is moving into our 2nd phase of beta testing for our digital app which has been in development for the last three years. We do so appreciate all the feedback we have received in the 1st phase of testing. Starting April 1, 2023, digital memberships to any of our available magazines are $4 a month, billed annually (Railpace Newsmagazine will be available at a later date). With this you receive access to all available digital issues for a magazine in our digital library. This membership locks you into a year's worth of digital viewing even if prices increase with the next newer version of the app.
Plus an Over-the-Top-Discount
Get 10% off when you order memberships to 3 or more magazines.
Coming Soon on both Android and Apple platforms!
- Two-page PDF-format viewing option for those who like the feel of the printed magazine.
- We are reworking all of the digital images to be higher resolution for better detail. Maps, diagrams, and roster shots will be much more useful.
- Automatic monthly billing so you don't have to pay for 12 months up front and you don't have to call in to renew your membership.
Thanks so much for supporting us in this adventure!
White River Productions Digital Team
- A membership provides access to our complete digital library for a specific magazine for the duration of the membership term. Once the term has expired, access to our library will be fully restricted.
- Each magazine requires its own membership, and memberships may not be transferred to another magazine or user for the duration of the membership term.
- Current issues will become available around the same time as the print edition. We are also working through our catalog of older back issues and those will become available as they are digitized by WRP staff.
- Access the digital library for each magazine by downloading the WRP Digital app from the Google Playstore on Android or the Apple App Store on iOS. Access to each magazine's library is also available online at WhiteRiverProductions.com/account
- PDFs are not available for download or print. For offline viewing, issues may be download to your Android or iOS device through the WRP Digital app.
- In-app purchases are not available. All memberships must be managed through the White River Productions website and customer portal.
- VAT and other local taxes may apply after the beta testing phase ends and we begin offering paid memberships.
- We are currently in a testing phase and the content includes no advertising. Advertising may be present at a later date.
- We currently offer Model Railroad News, Railfan & Railroad and Railroad Model Craftsman digital editions through third party platforms. Previously purchased issues will remain in place on these platforms until this new WRP Digital app has cleared all beta testing phases.